Social Media & Blogs: The B2B Marketer’s New Best Friends
According to DigitalBuzzBlog.com, Facebook has grown to more than 800 million active users, adding more than 200 million in a single year. Twitter now has 100 million active users and LinkedIn has over 64 million users in North America alone. NM Incite says that by the end of 2011, they were tracking 181 million blogs worldwide.
B2B Marketers are steadily increasing the use of Inbound marketing via social media and blogs because:
• Average Cost/Lead Inbound (Social Media, Blogs) is $143 vs. $373 for Outbound (telemarketing, direct mail, tradeshow, print, broadcast)
• LinkedIn (61%) generates the most conversions for B2B companies followed by Blog (55%), Facebook (41%, Twitter (39%)
• Facebook (67%) generates the most conversions for B2C companies followed by Blog (63%), Twitter (54%), LinkedIn (39%)
• 57% of all companies that use social media for business, use Twitter
• B2B companies (75%) use Twitter more than B2C companies (49%)
• Companies that blog have 55% more website visitors than those who don’t
• B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads per month than those who don’t
The Internet has forever changed how people use and interact with media. The social media and blog facts from above highlight how important it is for B2B marketers to reduce their dependence on orthodox, old-fashioned “interrupt” marketing methods and adopt increasingly effective “engagement” marketing methods that let audiences self-direct interaction, build interest, and generate preference.
Another Blogging Factoid:
Companies that blog have 434% more indexed pages. An indexed page refers to the pages on a website that a search engine has explored and stored. More indexed pages help increase search engine rankings/results for a website.